Monday 27 January 2014

service day with my class

So, on Friday, my whole grade got split up and put into different places in the city. We all got to do different outreach things. Some went to Siloam, others went to Union Gospel Mission. And my group went to St. Aidens! It was kinda cool because my group for mexico got to be there with me and see what I've been doing. It was really cool. We had to put on a chapel, so Matt (one of my friends/ classmates) played guitar, and originally I was supposed to lead singing. But I convinced everybody in my group to come and sing. We also help move books and re-organizing their library. And spent some one-on-one time with the kids. We all helped them with different things, math, reading, spelling.. etc.
They served us lunch, and it was really yummy. And we got to join them in their breaks, we played pool and floor hockey, and at lunch, we had a big game of dodge-ball. My team against the kids. It was really fun. Then we went to Sidney Klassen Pool and Gym. And we all go to go swimming.... well except me. I was rushing so much that morning that I completely forgot about my bathing suit. So.. I go splash, and received a lot of nice, warm, wet hugs... :)
anyways. I had so much fun, with my team, and with the students. My hope is to go again this Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment