Monday 9 December 2013

becoming a mentor at St. Aiden's

So my project seems to becoming together in more ways then one. Lately I have felt that I don't know what to do with my project. I just haven't been moving along, plus this is more than a project for me. Its more a life style. So putting a life style into words and a 'final project' it kind of draining and stressful.
I am now getting closer to becoming a mentor at St. Aiden's, which was what I wanted to do from the beginning. So now that its starting I am getting excited.
I'm really looking forward to this. I get to be a 'big sister,' to one or two kids. I can help out during school, and in a classroom setting, or/and I can be big sister after school, and just be there with them. The only problem is my schedule. I am pretty busy after school, I have piano and homework, and my evenings just seem to run out. And if I do it during school I don't want to miss my classes. So my hope is to go during the day when I have double spare in the morning.
Maybe I can meet with Mrs. David before Christmas and take one or two of the kids home with me for the holidays, even for a bit. I think that would help me get to know them and get for them to get to know me. Also will establish a relationship, and coming here away from a difficult home situation, will be thriving to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment