Monday 9 December 2013

Walk with me

During the banquet when people where doing speeches. Dylan, one of the staff, asked us to imagine a broken child saying these words. A broken child from a reserve...

Walk with me
Please, I beg, walk beside me,
You see, that's what it takes to get inside me,

If you really want to have your god to have my heart...
Get to know me, that's a start.
You see I don't need another class, another track or a chart
But instead, I need you to get to know me,

You seed I have my struggles, my hurts an my pain
My life isn't sunshine, mostly its rain
Inside my soul? If feels dark, and I feel alone
My mind is confused, and my heart feels like stone
And if you really cared... I think you'd pick up the phone
You tell me Jesus died. That his blood can atone.
You tell me "run to Christ! and then you'll be known!"

Yet you don't even know my name.
Shame. Yeah that's how I feel.
To be honest, I don't even know what is real.
You say that I'm clay, wrong. I feel closer to steel.

When. Will things ever change? If so then when?
But then, my throat closed up, I could barley swallow...
Because all of a sudden you asked me to follow.
Me, no a future better version.
I begged for a drip of love but you gave me submersion
Your gospel and my heart felt this crazy immersion

Because simply, you walked with me.
You showed me first hand, what it meant to be free
So I opened my heart and I gave you the key
And for the first time I could finally see
Why someone like Jesus would actually die for me.

You brought your bible to life, it wasn't just talk
You see the word love, it's a verb, and so is the word walk
So I thank you for putting your love into action,
Because your love is what caused my internal reaction.
No. My eternal reaction
This crazy attraction..
I finally know what it's like to be free
Because you took the time to walk with me.

Written by:
Dylan Howell ( from Pathway Ministries)

No comments:

Post a Comment