Monday 9 December 2013

one more thing...

Last time I was volunteering at Siloam, I forgot to mention something about my experience. So first off I am a very observant person and so while I was in the assembly line last time filling plates, I found myself constantly looking toward this guy who was talking to himself. He looked kind of rugged and dirty. But then again so did they all, but for some reason this guy just stood out to me. I kept looking at him, but he didn't really notice anyone in the room. He was shaking and scratching his head, then would talk to what looked like someone should have been there having a conversation with him. Then back to rocking again. I also noticed that he hadn't eaten yet. It was getting closer and closer to when we would have to close the windows. So I prayed that somehow, food would pass through is brain. That he could be at peace even for five minutes, and that he would just get up and come eat. After I prayed I felt kinda silly and stupid. He probably has eaten, I thought. God probably thinks I'm crazy, and what if he doesn't get up... All these thoughts going through my head. But then, not even five minutes later, he looked around, stood up and came toward the food line. I was crying at that moment. Tears of joy. After this man was done eating, I was so happy that I prayed again and asked God to continue giving this man peace. A few minutes later, he is asleep with his head resting on the table. I told Mrs. Neufeld, I was so amazed, and shocked that God did that. I just felt like I had to tell the world at that point.

No comments:

Post a Comment